Pleasant House Bakery specializes in traditional and modern savory pies and specialty sweets. We make our own Royal Pies by hand using the best meats and quality produce. We offer dine-in and carry-out, and also feature dinner specials.
Check our website or follow us on Twitter @PHBakery for information about daily pie and dinner specials, and events at the bakery.
ROYAL PIES ™
Our pies and pasties are handmade and feature our own flaky, buttery pastry
Steak and Ale Pie: All-natural beef, ale, carrots, and herbs 7.95
Chicken Balti Pie: All-natural chicken in fresh-ground curry spices with tomato and Nigella seeds 7.95
Mushroom and Kale Pie: Assorted mushrooms, kale, scallions, white wine, herbs, and Parmesan 7.95
Cold Pork Pie: Country pork pate and aspic, served cold 10.00
Premium Pasty: Hand-cut all-natural steak, potato, rutabaga, onion, and spices 7.95
*Baking Your Pie at Home or Work: All of our hot pies and pasties are available fully baked and chilled. They are as delicious when heated at home as they are when they come out of our oven. Simply preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees, place your Royal Pie on a cookie sheet or rack, uncovered, and bake from 20 to 40 minutes (times will vary by oven). The center of the pie should be piping hot (165 degrees internal temperature). Frozen, unthawed pies will take longer to heat.
• • •
Seasonal Green Salad: our own organic Pleasant Farms greens with herb vinaigrette 8.00
Peas: Buttered with mint 1.99
• • •
Chips (thick-cut crispy fries) 1.99
Deluxe Gravy Chips: Skirt steak, gravy, and aged Cheddar cheese 5.00
• • •
SIDES AND BAR SNACKS
Red Wine Gravy .50
Coriander Chutney .50
Scotch Egg 4.00
• • •
Please inquire about our daily selection of desserts
• • •
Enjoy our selection of delicious pies alongside a different special every day
Tuesday: Bakery Burger (house-ground chuck with chips, a new burger variety each week)
Wednesday: Banger Wednesday! (house-made banger sausage prepared a different way each week)
Thursday: Special Pie Day (a new pie variety each week)
Friday: Fish and Chips (beer-batter-fried fresh fish with crispy chips and homemade preserved Meyer lemon tartar sauce)
Saturday: Chef’s Special
Sunday: Brunch (classic English breakfast; Caribbean-themed Dub Brunch held the first Sunday of each month; 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; full menu available)
Sunday: High Tea (tea sandwiches, scones, sweets, and freshly brewed tea, 2-5 p.m., reservations required; full menu served all day)
Sunday: Sunday Carvery (a different roasted meat each week, served alongside Pleasant Farms sides, starting at 3 p.m.)
• • •
Selection of House-Made Sodas 2.00
Ginger Ale: Spicy ginger ale
Hibiscus Tea Soda: House-brewed tea soda with sweet hibiscus
Pleasant House Bakery is BYOB. Our pies pair well with beer or wine from Maria’s next door.
• • •
SPECIAL EVENTS AND CATERING
Pleasant House Bakery can help you select a delicious assortment of Royal Pies and other specialty items for your next event. Please phone or email us for more information about catering and special events at our bakery.
• • •
FIND ROYAL PIES ™ NEAR YOU!
Now you can find Royal Pies at these locations throughout Chicago:
• On our food truck: follow our locations on Facebook and Twitter @PHBakery and @RoyalPies
• Artizone: online specialty grocer that delivers throughout the Chicago area
• Artisanal Wilmette: neighborhood grocer offering local specialty foods, 414 Linden Avenue, Wilmette, IL
• Coffee Alley: This cute coffee shop carries our Royal Fiver pies, great for a light meal, 1152 West Taylor Street, Chicago
• Green Grocer Chicago: purveyor of local, organic foods, 1402 West Grand Avenue, Chicago
• Irv and Shelly’s Fresh Picks: A wonderful store offering independently produced, organic and local foods, 5625 West Howard Street, Niles, Ill.
• Local: showcasing meats, cheese, and produce from the Midwest, 424 East Buffalo Street, New Buffalo, MI
• Plenty Grocery and Deli: neighborhood-tailored, locally focused grocery and deli, 2036 West Division Street, Chicago
• Provenance: independently owned neighborhood specialty shops, 2528 North California Avenue (Logan Square) and 2312 West Leland Avenue (Lincoln Square), Chicago
• Publican Quality Meats: venerable butcher shop, purveyor, and restaurant, 825 West Fulton Market Street, Chicago